Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2014/12/22 15:43:36 UTC

devicemap-client? (was: Promoting devicemap strengths)

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Volkan YAZICI <vo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Without devicemap-client artifact available, the entire
> project would make no sense from the point of view of a Java developer,
> FYI. We need to get that released ASAP....

Not sure what you mean by "not available",
http://devicemap.apache.org/download/ does point to the
devicemap-client-java-incubating-1.0.0 release, what else do you need?

-Bertrand

Re: devicemap-client? (was: Promoting devicemap strengths)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not available in any Maven repository,..

ok, that's not the same as "not released". Got it now.

Posted by Volkan YAZICI <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Werner,

TLDR: devicemap-client is a cool piece of software and let people use it
the way they would prefer, that is, via Maven.

Let me first start with stating that I am no Maven deployment expert and I
really do not know how things work at ASF side. That being side, I believe
both devicemap-client and -data are production ready software with a
certain level of quality. That being said, from the point of view of a
dummy Java developer, when I hear news about a fresh ASF project with a
shiny website and an ambitious slogan, I want its installation to have the
least amount of friction as possible. And if it is not, I would probably
complain about how unusable piece of software it is in the community and it
will require an awful amount of effort to change my mind and other people's
mind affected by me.

Best.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: devicemap-client?