Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/17 00:37:46 UTC

ADS SASL

Hi guys,

does anyone of you have successfully bound on ADS using SASL ? I'm
trying to bind using Studio on ADS 1.5.1, and It always with a 'Bad
Response'.

The userName/password are found in the server, the password is
encrypted using MD5, I'm using CRAM-MD5.

Any idea ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ADS SASL

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Stefan !

On 10/17/07, Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> you need to save the password in clear text on the server.
>
> Regards,
> Stefan
>

> Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > does anyone of you have successfully bound on ADS using SASL ? I'm
> > trying to bind using Studio on ADS 1.5.1, and It always with a 'Bad
> > Response'.
> >
> > The userName/password are found in the server, the password is
> > encrypted using MD5, I'm using CRAM-MD5.
> >
> > Any idea ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com