Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Volodymyr Siedlecki <vo...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/13 16:45:20 UTC

[VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 3.0.0-RC1

Hello,

I am working on the 3.0.0-RC1 release of Apache MyFaces Core.

Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
   1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.core" v3.0.0-RC1  [1]

The artifacts were deployed on nexus repo [1] for binary and source packages.
The release notes could be found at [2].
We do not have any issues tracking the jakarta to javax rename, let me
know if any should be created.

I used the japicmp tool to compare the 3.0.0-RC1 API to the Jakarta
Faces API (see [3]). The jakarta-results are attached.
While the majority of the API was the same, the tool found a few differences:
1) serialVersionUID
2) "COMPONENT_FAMILY"* FIELD_STATIC_AND_OVERRIDES_STATIC* change.
3) Some methods were considered new since they aren't in the Jakarta Faces API.
However, the similar differences exist when I compared the 2.3.6
MyFaces API with the 2.3 Javax Faces API (see [4]). The javax results
are also attached for reference.

No TCK testing was performed as I had not found any available TCK to use.

Please take a look at the "3.0.0" artifacts and vote! (see [5])

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
+1 votes (see [6]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
released, and why..............

Volodymyr Siedlecki

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1164/org/apache/myfaces/core/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=12347158
[3] https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jakarta/faces/jakarta.faces-api/3.0.0-RC1/
[4] https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/javax.faces/javax.faces-api/2.3
[5] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1164/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-core-assembly/
[6] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

RE: [VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 3.0.0-RC1

Posted by Volodymyr Siedlecki <Vo...@ibm.com>.
Hi,

I didn't see any differences between the 2.3 & 3.0 branches to account for
this behavior.

However, I had released project by specifying the tag in the
release.properties file (since release:prepare had already been done).

Similar  issue occurred with the core-assembly  when I placed 2.3-Next-M3 into
staging.

I think as long as release:prepare and release:perform  are done sequentially,
then I think this shouldn't occur again.

Vlad

equals with the old Homepage? (You can find it in the SVN)

> Volodymyr Siedlecki
<[Volodymyr.Siedlecki@ibm.com](mailto:Volodymyr.Siedlecki@ibm.com)> schrieb am
Fr., 21. Aug. 2020, 20:44:

>> Hello,

> I discovered that
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-
core-assembly/> doesn't have 3.0.0-RC1 release.

> I'm not sure why it wasn't included, so I created a release for myfaces-
core-assembly from the 3.0.0-RC1 tag here:
[https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1166/

[https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=12347158](https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=12347158)[3]

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
+1
Maybe you can compare the config with 2.3?
Otherwise could you check if the Release steps on the new Homepage are
equals with the old Homepage? (You can find it in the SVN)

Volodymyr Siedlecki <Vo...@ibm.com> schrieb am Fr., 21. Aug.
2020, 20:44:

Posted by Volodymyr Siedlecki <Vo...@ibm.com>.
Hello,