Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/09/12 07:47:40 UTC

mod_perl 2.0.2

Hi All,

Pending the ldd/otool patch to mp2 and A-T, I'd like to see a mp 2.0.2 released as
its been almost 4 months and we'll have 17 changes of varying degree.

I'll volunteer to RM it if I'm allowed.

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
>>> I'll volunteer to RM it if I'm allowed.
>>

>> Hell, it's a nerve-wreaking task for me each time, so be my guest ;-)
>
> Don't tell me that! :)

it's not so bad, really.  the RELEASE file spells out very clearly what is
required.

when the time is right, just find one (or more) of us on irc at irc.perl.org
and we'll be sure to double and triple check your work before it makes it to
cpan.

--Geoff

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Pending the ldd/otool patch to mp2 and A-T, I'd like to see a mp 2.0.2
>>> released as
>>> its been almost 4 months and we'll have 17 changes of varying degree.
>>
>> As long as it gets a good spin of positive rc testing under various
>> configs,
>> I am +1
>
> I'm in no particular rush.. I'm thinking around the end of September.

Sounds like a good timeline. I should have the time to get my changes
in before that.

>> I've got 2-3 <Perl> changes in the pipeline I'd like to get in svn
>> soonish,
>> but it's not something worth holding up a 2.0.2 release.
>
> Speaking of which, I can give you ssh access for the '-e' issue if you
> want it

So you've verified this is _not_ a problem on Linux ? It's a freebsd issue ?
What version of freebsd ? (I have my own freebsd boxens ;-))

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

.

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Pending the ldd/otool patch to mp2 and A-T, I'd like to see a mp 2.0.2
>> released as
>> its been almost 4 months and we'll have 17 changes of varying degree.
>>
>> I'll volunteer to RM it if I'm allowed.
>

> Did you have a chance to run the build/test against all supported perl
> and  Apache versions and several of their different builds? If so and
> all tests pass, then certainly +1. If not I'll try to run the tests
> tonight.

It looks good here (I run 44 different builds). Besides the ithreads
tests, but those are excluded from the distro anyway.

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Do we want to include 2.1.7b as "supported" ?

At the moment we support only 2.0 officialy. This of course can be always
changed...

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Did you have a chance to run the build/test against all supported perl
> and  Apache versions and several of their different builds? If so and
> all tests pass, then certainly +1. If not I'll try to run the tests
> tonight.
I'll run them tonight as well.

Re: mod_perl 2.0.2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.