Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/07/06 21:35:52 UTC

Host Release Docs...?

It should be easy enough to upload the release documentation generated
by Maven to the CMS. In the past, I've occasionally found it useful to
be able to read the documentation for a particular release (of a
product) available. So, I've been wondering about generate a site based
on the release version and then uploading it.

Opinions...?
Objections...?
Improvements...?
Anyone tried this with Maven recently...?

Robert

Re: Host Release Docs...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 07/07/13 01:11, sebb wrote:
> On 6 July 2013 20:35, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> It should be easy enough to upload the release documentation generated by
>> Maven to the CMS. In the past, I've occasionally found it useful to be able
>> to read the documentation for a particular release (of a product) available.
>> So, I've been wondering about generate a site based on the release version
>> and then uploading it.
>>
>> Opinions...?
>
> I like the idea of the site agreeing with the current release.
> If the website is only created from trunk, it may advertise featiures
> that are not actually available except from snapshots.
>
> So I favour generating the initial site from the same tag as the release.
> If documentation fixes are needed later, the tag could be copied to a
> branch, and that can be used to make changes.
>
> This does potentially mean having to merge fixes back into trunk.

True

I'd be happy enough to have to cross that bridge when we come to it...

> Or one can have a site with both trunk and GA documentation.
> This is what httpcomponents does.

I quite like publishing both truck and GA (generated from the release tag)

With the CMS, I think it should be do-able without too much pain

Robert

Re: Host Release Docs...?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.