Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Nevo Hed <nh...@aereo.com> on 2012/06/21 16:11:10 UTC

"How to contribute" question

http://thrift.apache.org/docs/HowToContribute/

does not mention anything about the workflow type items in Jira
Jira on the other hand notes in "Resolve Issue" dialog that
"Resolving an issue indicates that the developers are satisfied the issue
is finished."

does that mean that

(1) Don't touch these - only commiters use those fields (not for use by the
occasional contributor)
(2) Resolve to indicate to commiters that you are done and satisfied with
your submission

Thanks

  -Nevo

Re: "How to contribute" question

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Nevo
When a committer submits a patch attached to a given ticket they will close
the ticket. You can resolve your ticket if a problem is no longer an issue
and was taken care of due to another ticket or other resolution.

If you have any questions on this please let me know
-Jake