Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2014/01/14 15:33:47 UTC

[allura:tickets] #3517 Character count for Descriptions is inaccurate [23461]

Moreover, the form field does inline counting of *characters* but when you submit the form then it validates number of *bytes*.  This causes very big differences (and likely frustration) when entering multibyte characters (non-ascii).

---

** [tickets:#3517] Character count for Descriptions is inaccurate [23461]**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** support p3
**Created:** Tue Jan 03, 2012 01:38 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Tue Jan 14, 2014 02:32 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/23461

>So, I go to enter my project description - sankit. As I get close to 1000 chars, I hit update. but the last few characters get deleted. So I keep cutting the text back to get it to all upload.

>The counter is inaccurate by a large amount - I ended up with a reported count of 950 to get my whole description to upload.

Seems to be the same issue as was closed as wont-fix in [#1602] (though that ticket was before the description field was extended), but I don't see any rationale for the wont-fix in that ticket.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/