Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by JSFSter Smith <js...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/14 20:54:10 UTC

Client Side State Saving Bug

Hello,

I am using myfaces-1.1.1, and get the following exception when running my
application:

javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
	org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlResponseStateManager.decode64(HtmlResponseStateManager.java:238)
	org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlResponseStateManager.getTreeStructureToRestore(HtmlResponseStateManager.java:197)
	org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreTreeStructure(JspStateManagerImpl.java:142)
	org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreView(JspStateManagerImpl.java:181)
	org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:255)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.restoreView(LifecycleImpl.java:124)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:66)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:106)
	org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:92)
	org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:122)

In my web.xml I have the following setting:

<context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>client</param-value>
</context-param>

I set breakpoints in the JSF code to trap this exception to try to see what
was going on.  The String that is being passed in to the decode64() method
is bogus.  This String comes from reqParamMap.get( BASE64_TREE_PARAM) in the
getTreeStructureToRestore() method.  Any ideas about what could be causing
this?

Thanks,

Satish