Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Prabhu, Ganesh" <ga...@emc.com> on 2014/10/16 11:18:30 UTC

Using Tomcat manager to deploy application in clustered Tomcat 7.0.42

Hi,

I have a question about using tomcat manager to deploy applications when tomcat nodes are in a clustered environment.

Setup Description

Tomcat Node 1 : Tomcat version 7.0.42; JDK 1.6 update 27 (clustered)
Tomcat Node 2 ; Tomcat version 7.0.42; JDK 6 update 27 (clustered)

I have verified the cluster to be working fine. When I drop a war file into the watch directory of one of these nodes, the war is deployed and replicated to the other node.

But I want to deploy applications using Tomcat manager programmatically using catalina-ant.jar. So I tried deploying war deployment using tomcat manager. When I use Tomcat manager to deploy the war file into one of the nodes, the war file is successfully deployed to the selected node, but is not replicated to the other node. I also don't see any errors in the logs

Is this a bug in Tomcat?
Can't we use tomcat manager when the Tomcat nodes are clustered?
Is there some other way in which I can achieve remote deployment of war files programmatically?

Attachment description

1.       Server_node1.xml - sever.xml of Tomcat node 1

2.       Server_node2.xml - sever.xml of Tomcat Node 2

3.       Catalina_node1.log - log from  Tomcat node 1

4.       Catalina_node2.log - log from Tomcat Node 2

5.       Context_node 1.xml - Context.xml from node1

6.       Context_node 2.xml - Context.xml from node 2

Please let me know if any additional information is needed

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh