Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Ramakrishna Kuppa (Bangalore)" <Ra...@agile.com> on 2004/03/03 08:59:01 UTC

file transfer through firewall

Hi,

I am new to HttpClient...so bear with me if I am asking a wrong question(s).

I am developing an application wherein my customer should be able to transfer a large XML file over the internet to my server system, which is behind
a firewall. (An example scenario is the customer sitting in the airport lounge, and using wireless network connectivity, be able to transfer the
file.)

Please help me in the following:

*	is HttpClient the way to go?
*	should the user authenticate with my server (before being able to update my application DB with his/her data in the XML file - this will be
taken care of by the server end of my application)
*	what would be a good architecture for the same?

Please share any ideas you might have around this.

Regards
Ramakrishna

Re: file transfer through firewall

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Ramakrishna,

if you are developing the server system, then HttpClient is
not the way to go. If you are developing a client application,
then it is.

Yes, users should authenticate.

cheers,
  Roland

"Ramakrishna Kuppa (Bangalore)" <Ra...@agile.com>
03.03.2004 08:59
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

        To:     <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        file transfer through firewall

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail: