Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by AW...@URBANSCIENCE.com on 2001/12/13 01:05:27 UTC

Compiling Batik using J#?

I'm really impressed with the SVG rasterizer. We were looking at Adobes
AlterCast product ( http://www.adobe.com/products/altercast/
<http://www.adobe.com/products/altercast/> ) to rasterize our SVG maps - but
it gets expensive....

We are Microsoft shop, and I was just wondering if I could get the SVG
Rasterizer to run under .NET as opposed to using the Java VM. I was
wondering if anyone had been able to compile Batik using J#. I managed to
compile everything under xml-batik\sources\org\w3c and
xml-batik\sources\org\ but got the following when trying to compile Batik:

Microsoft (R) Visual J# Compiler Version 1.00.3327
for Microsoft (R) .NET CLR version 1.0.2914
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 2000-2001. All rights reserved.

apache\batik\ext\awt\image\renderable\ConvolveMatrixRable8Bit.java(65,35)
:warni
ng J#1491: Stray semicolon
apache\batik\parser\NumberParser.java(288,6) :warning J#1491: Stray
semicolon
apache\batik\script\rhino\RhinoInterpreter.java(59,6) :warning J#1491: Stray
sem
icolon
apache\batik\bridge\AbstractGraphicsNodeBridge.java(11,37) : error J#1161:
Can't
 find class 'java.awt.geom.AffineTransform' º8
apache\batik\bridge\AbstractSVGFilterPrimitiveElementBridge.java(12,22) :
error
J#1161: Can't find class 'java.awt.Paint' º8
apache\batik\bridge\AbstractSVGFilterPrimitiveElementBridge.java(13,33) :
error
J#1161: Can't find class 'java.awt.geom.Rectangle2D' º8
apache\batik\bridge\AbstractSVGFilterPrimitiveElementBridge.java(14,21) :
error
J#1161: Can't find class 'java.util.Map' º8
apache\batik\bridge\AbstractSVGFilterPrimitiveElementBridge.java(1,1) :
error J#
1161: Can't find class 'java.awt.geom.Rectangle2D' º8

I've also tried using Jbimp.exe - and I get the following:

D:\Batik\org>jbimp /target:library /out:batik.dll /recurse xml w3c apache
mozilla
/r:bjlib.dll
Microsoft (R) Java Binary to .NET Assembly Converter Version 1.00.3327
for Microsoft (R) .NET CLR version 1.0.2914
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 2000-2001. All rights reserved.

Please convert all unresolved references and give as reference for
successful co
nversion.
Error : Couldn't find class "java.io.FileFilter"
Unresolved class "java.io.FileFilter" is not present in the classpath also.
Could not define class :
org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter$SVGFileFi
lter

I'm guessing that Microsoft has forgotten to put java.io.FileFilter in bjlib
(which seems to contain all the other java.io classes).
Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Andrew

Re: Compiling Batik using J#?

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Andrew,

> AWCoats@URBANSCIENCE.com wrote:
>
> I'm really impressed with the SVG rasterizer. We were looking at
> Adobes AlterCast product (http://www.adobe.com/products/altercast/)
> to rasterize our SVG maps - but it gets expensive....
>
> We are Microsoft shop, and I was just wondering if I could get the SVG
> Rasterizer to run under .NET as opposed to using the Java VM.
> I was
> wondering if anyone had been able to compile Batik using J#.

I believe J# only works for Java 1.1.x and as a consequence, I do not
think
it will work with Batik which uses 1.3.x. However, I am not an
expert in J# and may be someone else will have more info.

Vincent.