Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Marco Fabbri <mf...@libero.it> on 2001/11/09 18:12:36 UTC

Jetspeed integration with WAS and Domino

Hi all,
I have a problem too big for me....

I have installed Jetspeed on Websphere Application Server 3.5.4 with success
and I need to modify a WebPagePortlet to visualize a Lotus Domino
application.

The big problem is this: obiouvsly I need to authenticate on Domino server
from the Jetspeed environment to see on the portlet size only my contents
that are rendered from the Domino http server.
This simple thought is very very big in pratice because this means that when
I login in Jetspeed as a Turbine user, the environment has to recognize me
from the LDAP Domino directory (so LDAP implementation of the Turbine
service) and I have to receive the LTPAToken from the WAS to enable the SSO
(single sign on) with Domino.

Three different levels of security and I don't know how to begin.
If I login with WAS security, I have no references on the PSML files because
I'm not a Turbine user.
If I login on Jetspeed, my session doesn't contain the LTPAToken sent by WAS
and I can't use it to login on Domino.

How can I create a portlet like the WebPagePortlet with Domino contents
without relogin the user?

I don't want to rewrite the IBM Portal Server, I'm using the standard
edition of WAS so I can't store the data credential on EJB...

Sorry but I'm so confuse....

Thanks a lot in advance for any help

Marco Fabbri

Re: Jetspeed integration with WAS and Domino

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Hugh,

I interest with this script..

Would you help to explain this???
> org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JLogin.
> ActionLoader.getInstance().exec(data, "LoginUser");

I see first, user login, and read the DB, in the sample is HSQL, and it will
execute the Turbine class to verify, and what is relation between JLogin
with LoginUser??? and the Turbine schema..

Thanks

Frans.

Re: Jetspeed integration with WAS and Domino

Posted by Hugh Brien <hp...@home.com>.
I take a crack at this one.  I don't have much experience with Domino but I
have done a bit of LDAP.  First you need to
break this down into a couple of pieces.  Take a look at action
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JLogin.

ActionLoader.getInstance().exec(data, "LoginUser");
Why can't you add authentication with Domino after you authenticate with
Turbine or one better, just bypass Turbine authentication and setConfirm to
true after you successfully authenticate with Domino.

I assume that Domino sends back a security token when you login?  Whe the
token arrives why not just save it with the user.  User.setTemp("token",
DominoToken)  then when you need the Domino web page, you can get the token
from the User object with getTemp("token").

then override the WebPagePortlet (You already knew that) to pass the token
which you will be able to get from the User via RunData.

Did I miss something here?    I need to check out the WebPagePortlet to make
sure this is possible.
r,
Hugh

[

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Jetspeed integration with WAS and Domino

Posted by Hugh Brien <hp...@home.com>.
I have some LDAP authentication code I can post on Monday, I would do it
sooner but it's at work. .  It's code that I have had  working with Active
Directory and IPlanet.
r,
Hugh

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Im working on a new WebPagePortlet that will handle sessions, however single
sign-on is a bigger picture.
With a session-aware WebPagePortlet, you could more easily handle single
sign-on yourself

-- David

David Sean Taylor
david@bluesunrise.com