Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 10:07:53 UTC

Re: recent problems .

On 2013-12-06, 12:15 AM Irma Kittelson wrote concerning "recent problems .":
> I have been using Open Office on my Mac Book Pro( new in Feb 2013)  for several years -
> ( I used it on my last MacBookPro also .).  likely 4 or 5 years  I think,  it was recommended
> where I bought the computer - and I have really liked it -  it can doeverything I need a word
> processor to do, and  I am always learning to do new things with it.
>

> Suddenly last weekend this message appeared - even though I did not remember OO quitting ..
>
> I tried clicking both buttons to no avail ..  so decided to  dump the OO I had installed and
> re download it ..  I use Chrome so had no Safari issues when downloading .
> However now  the OO program will not quit without me Force Quitting it when I shut off my
> computer, and  it also does not respond to copying <command C>  to cut and paste etc -
> neither will be print from <command P> I think I did get it to print today using the print
> directly  icon on the OO header. Also the icon will not stay  in the  dashboard .. so I have
> to find it in the App folder every day ..
>
> Anyway I would love to get back to having it respond like it used to -  I have many files
> saved on my computer which were created using OO, and if they are unusable I will need to get
> to work retyping them -  whoa - a lot of extra work ..
>
> Any help  you can give me would be appreciated ..
> ( we’ll be away for the next  couple of days,  so there is no huge rush for a reply )
>
> Irma Kittelson

You need to delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is in the "Saved Application
State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com