Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 23:45:44 UTC

Looking for a final review of package documentation Drill-1904

Hello Drill devs,

A few months ago I submitted this patch for package level documentation in
Drill. I received some comments and fixed a few reported issues with the
patch, but I did not follow through to try to get a  +1 from another
committer. With everything that was going on stabilizing Drill for 1.0, it
just fell by the wayside.

Would someone be willing to take a pass over these docs so I can get them
merged? The actual changes aren't too large, the diff looks big mostly
because I have the apache license header on a bunch of small files.

https://reviews.apache.org/r/29278

Re: Looking for a final review of package documentation Drill-1904

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
This is mentioned in the discussion on this review, but I wanted to mention
it on the list here as well. As I was writing docs for the root level
package I started writing a reasonable large description of the Drill
architecture as a whole. I did not cover all of the topics that I wanted,
but I would like to encourage anyone with specific knowledge in the various
components in Drill to write up anything they can to contribute to this. I
am more than happy to edit the whole thing together, if you have limited
time feel free to just post a list of bullet points that are core concepts
that new developers should be aware of and I will work on filling out a
complete draft.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
Bump