Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/04/25 06:44:02 UTC

Re: [SPAM] Re: Google Widget Toolkit and OFBiz Widget module

BJ,

You mean get OFBiz Widget module to generate Java UIs (SWT)? Won't be easy.

What we can do is craft a few Java-based "connector" classes to talk between Java UI and server.
The current "form-to-server interface" is http and ajax, we should reuse that. Just a matter of
compiling the parameters and contexts, and firing it through RequestHandler.

We could even consider that an interim measure for now, and create a JavaFormHandler that is a
counterpart to the RequestHandler. "Counterpart" meaning it is not on same level as say
JavaEventHandler, but 1 level higher.

The only question now: Do we urgently need to get OFBiz Widget to support Java UIs? Is that a
popular need?

Jonathon