Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/08 20:01:39 UTC

Result (Was: [VOTE] fix MYFACES-2552 for 2.0.x and 2.1.x branches)

Hi

Following the previous discussion about MYFACES-2552 (see this thread):

http://markmail.org/message/kreytqexrucair2k?q=%5BVOTE%5D+fix+MYFACES-2552+for+2%2E0%2Ex+and+2%2E1%2Ex+branches

I have attached a new patch ( MYFACES-2552-4.patch ) adding a param
called org.apache.myfaces.STRICT_JSF_2_CC_EL_RESOLVER (following Bernd
suggestion) with this documentation:

    /**
     * Change default getType() behavior for composite component EL
resolver, from return null (see JSF 2_0 spec section 5_6_2_2) to
     * use the metadata information added by composite:attribute,
ensuring components working with chained EL expressions to find the
     * right type when a getType() is called over the source EL expression.
     *
     * To ensure strict compatibility with the spec set this param to
true (by default is false, so the change is enabled by default).
     */

This is the last pending issue for the next release of myfaces core
2.1.4 / 2.0.10. If no objections I'll commit this patch soon.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Re: Result (Was: [VOTE] fix MYFACES-2552 for 2.0.x and 2.1.x branches)

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Jakob

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: Result (Was: [VOTE] fix MYFACES-2552 for 2.0.x and 2.1.x branches)

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
+1