Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by alec_osborne <co...@gmx.de> on 2019/12/23 10:19:45 UTC

Update Problem 1.9.2 to 1.10.0 (Lost provenance)

Hi,
we wanted to migrate our Nifi version from 1.9.2 to 1.10.0. We did not
succeed. It was not possible for us after the update to access the old
provenance events. We have not changed anything in our configuration. I read
that after the update the index is rebuilt. Can that be a reason or do I
have to consider something special? After I changed back to version 1.9.2,
my old provenance events were immediately available again.

Do you have any tips on what I can check?

Many thanks
With kind regards

--
Sent from: http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Update Problem 1.9.2 to 1.10.0 (Lost provenance)

Posted by alec_osborne <co...@gmx.de>.
Hi Mark,

in our test environment, the repository is only 1 GB. We waited for about an
hour. During this time we could not access the old entries. However, new
entries have been added. We always tested this via the global (hamburger)
menu -> Provenance.

Thanks

Alec

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Alec,

How large is your provenance Repository? How long did you wait before attempting to query the repo? How powerful is the machine that you're running on?

You are correct that NiFi must rebuild the Lucene indices before they can be queried. This can take quite a while for a large repository. So this happens in the background, not upon restart. So if you had a 1 TB repository, for instance, you wouldn't be able to query it immediately after startup. It may take a while. Conversely, if you had a 10 GB repository and waited hours before attempting to query, then perhaps something has gone awry. Also, did you attempt to query it by going to the "Provenance" menu item from the global (hamburger) menu, or by right-clicking on a processor and choosing Provenance Events from there?

Thanks
-Mark

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What is your provenance repository configuration? what is the
implementation you chose?

Thanks,
Pierre