Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by 可为 <mw...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/04 03:39:50 UTC

about spatial index

Hello expert,
&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; If I convert a spatial rdd with a spatial index into a dataframe, will its spatial index be preserved? When using sedona sql to query the dataframe(e.g.&nbsp; using&nbsp; a polygon to query), can the spatial index be used?

Thanks.

Re: about spatial index

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
Hi

Again, Please first subscribe to the mailing list and then send emails.
Otherwise, the community might not be able to receive your email and you
might not receive our response. To subscribe, please send an email (leave
the subject and content blank) to dev-subscribe@sedona.apache.org

If you convert an indexed spatial index to dataframe, the index will not be
preserved. Sedona SQL query will build a one-time index on the fly.

Thanks,
Jia