Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Gandhi, Vineet" <vi...@optum.com> on 2018/10/24 14:31:56 UTC

AWS S3 assume role based access

Hi,

Currently in camel aws-s3 component there is a provision to access account using access-key and shared-key as URI options.
Is there any provision to give role  ARN as URI option in aws-s3 URI?
Then camel can internally generate the s3client for the role passed.

Regards,
Vineet

R: Re: AWS S3 assume role based access

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
No, there is no option in newest releases. You can raise a feature request in the Camel JIRA and I can have a look. In the JIRA please describe your specific use case and architecture.
Thanks

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il mer, 24 ott, 2018 alle 16:52, Gandhi, Vineet<vi...@optum.com> ha scritto:   Thanks for prompt reply.

Currently we are instantiating the s3client and adding in registry, that works well with JAVA DSL as the class is present in jar
For our current requirement we don’t have provision to add client in registry or say the class in not present in shipped jar.
Basically we are shipping xml with routes to client where only basic camel based application with all components say camel-aws is running.
Can we have a URI option which can be specified in xml to provision role or is that in newer camel release?

Regards,
Vineet

From: Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 24 October 2018 at 8:14 PM
To: "users@camel.apache.org" <us...@camel.apache.org>, "Gandhi, Vineet" <vi...@optum.com>, "users@camel.apache.org" <us...@camel.apache.org>
Cc: "Sharma, Mukul A" <mu...@optum.com>
Subject: R: AWS S3 assume role based access

Hello,

If you have special needs for your S3 client, you can instantiate the client and set it on the Camel registry. Then you'll be able to pass the client as URI option as reported in the documentation on GitHub.

At URI option level there is no roles option provided actually
Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers⁡_wl=ym⁡_sub1=Internal⁡_sub2=Global_YGrowth⁡_sub3=EmailSignature>

From: Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 24 October 2018 at 8:14 PM
To: "users@camel.apache.org" <us...@camel.apache.org>, "Gandhi, Vineet" <vi...@optum.com>, "users@camel.apache.org" <us...@camel.apache.org>
Cc: "Sharma, Mukul A" <mu...@optum.com>

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

R: AWS S3 assume role based access