Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 03:38:30 UTC

Re: What does percentCorrect of CrossFloderLearner mean?

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Argh....
>
> log-likelihood should approach the percentage of INcorrect answers
> (negated).

Then we just only to see if the average log likeliyhood is closer to 0
to determine the perfmonce of the model, regardless the relationship
between it and percentage of INcorrect or correct answers?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

0 is perfect prediction.  It can only be achieved by a score of 1 for the
correct answer every time.

Note that average log-likelihood only works for probability scores.