Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/07/06 08:42:20 UTC

Problems with the fontkit utility

Hi,

as part of my quest to bring flacon and asjs to maven, I started working on the "flatui icons font" module. My first attempt to simply compile that failed because of Falcons inability to compile fonts. As I didn't want to add a dependency to the legacy compiler, I went down the path of using the Adobe fontkit library. I managed to compile the font using this, but it seems impossible to specify the output. If I use the "-o" or "-output" option, it tells me that this is wrong :-|

[INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:java (compile-font) @ Fonts ---
Adobe Font SWF Conversion Utility
Copyright (c) 2009 Adobe Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Error: Unsupported option: -o /Users/christoferdutz/Projects/Apache/Flex/flex-asjs/frameworks/fonts/target/Fonts-0.7.0-SNAPSHOT.swf
Usage: fontswf [options] <Font File>
  -a, -alias <name> - set the font alias (defaults to font family name)
  -b, -bold - treat the font as bold
  -i, -italic - treat the font as italic
  -o, -output <file path> - specify the SWF output file path
  -u, -unicode-range <range> - set a unicode character range (default is '*' which includes all characters)
  -3 - generate DefineFont3 SWF tag
  -4 - generate DefineFont4 SWF tag (default)

Example:
  fontswf -4 -u U+0020-007F -bold -o C:/temp/myboldfont.swf C:/assets/fonts/myboldfont.ttf

Anyone had this problem? Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Chris

Re: Problems with the fontkit utility

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Cool.