Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/06/26 09:40:40 UTC

[SUMMARY ][VOTE] Release 1.2 now

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 17:11, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> Dear Lenya Developers,
>
> I know the current 1.2 archives are not perfect. It is of course an
> option to discuss further bug fixes for 1.2. Both decisions, releasing
> now and doing more fixes, have their pros and cons.
>
> We now what we have and it is important to keep on moving. IMO doing
> more fixes needs more testing and raises potential regression. Doing
> more fixes now will defer the release for some more weeks, which I do
> not appreciate.
>
> Here is m +1 to release now and keep on hacking for 1.2.1.
>
> The 1.2.1 release will hopefully go side by side with the exit of
> incubation. Any new commiters around here?
>
> This vote ends if we got over 50% positive votes or after 36 hours.

We got 5 positive votes, no negatives and no neutrals.
We will release what is known as the 1.2 test release.

I will start to prepare the release announcement and move the archives
tomorrow and on monday.

A draft of a possible release announcement is located here
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaRelease1.2PR . Please add
your comments.

Thorsten, it would be fine if u can help me updating the Lenya website
with the announcement and other stuff related to the 1.2 release.

Code freeze is over. BUT please take care to checkin 1.2.x things only.
This is what we agreed on. Before we do major changes we should discuss
the svn switching again.

If anyone knows important things which need to be done for the release,
please raise your hand.

Have a nice weekend.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [SUMMARY ][VOTE] Release 1.2 now

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> [...]
>
>I saw on the press release page that there is a link "Download Lenya <a
>href="">here</a>
>
>Please avoid here links. Better use <a>Download Lenya</a> here. It
>better expresses the semantics of the target of the link.

Jupp, I will change that at home!

BTW Actually I used <link href="ext:lenya.incubator">here</link> because
I started to change all linking to that form! Makes the maintaining of
the site heaps easier ;-).

>Thanks.

Your are welcome!

...now towards leaving the incubator!

thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.

Re: [SUMMARY ][VOTE] Release 1.2 now

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 23:14, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> >>Jupp, will stayed tuned! Your wish is my command. ;-)
> >>
> >>I will prepare the release note (based on the draft) on my local system!
> >>I think I will add a point (Release 1.2) to the project tab. Let me know
> >>when to update the site ;-).
> >

> > Thank you very much Thorsten.
> >
> > The release files are located at
> > http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/lenya/ .
> >
> > We should update the Lenya website now. If someone sees why we should
> > not release (violated incubation rules etc), please give us a hint.
> >

> Done!

Thanks.

> > I think we also should include the incubation disclaimer in the release
> > announcement as done at the download location above.
> >

> There is an error on the page, the ASF-Link is
> (http://cvs.apache.org/www.apache.org/).

Fixed.

I saw on the press release page that there is a link "Download Lenya <a
href="">here</a>

Please avoid here links. Better use <a>Download Lenya</a> here. It
better expresses the semantics of the target of the link.

> I did include the disclaimer as well in
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/project/release.html.

Thanks.

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 19:04, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>Thorsten, it would be fine if u can help me updating the Lenya website
>>>with the announcement and other stuff related to the 1.2 release.
>>>

>>Jupp, will stayed tuned! Your wish is my command. ;-)
>>
>>I will prepare the release note (based on the draft) on my local system!
>>I think I will add a point (Release 1.2) to the project tab. Let me know
>>when to update the site ;-).
>

> Thank you very much Thorsten.
>
> The release files are located at
> http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/lenya/ .
>
> We should update the Lenya website now. If someone sees why we should
> not release (violated incubation rules etc), please give us a hint.

Done!

> I think we also should include the incubation disclaimer in the release
> announcement as done at the download location above.

There is an error on the page, the ASF-Link is
(http://cvs.apache.org/www.apache.org/).

I did include the disclaimer as well in
http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/project/release.html.

King regards
thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@c...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <acronymfinder>http://www.acronymfinder.com</acronymfinder>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>
</thorsten>

Re: [SUMMARY ][VOTE] Release 1.2 now

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 19:04, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Thorsten, it would be fine if u can help me updating the Lenya website
> > with the announcement and other stuff related to the 1.2 release.
> >

> Jupp, will stayed tuned! Your wish is my command. ;-)
>
> I will prepare the release note (based on the draft) on my local system!
> I think I will add a point (Release 1.2) to the project tab. Let me know
> when to update the site ;-).

Thank you very much Thorsten.

The release files are located at
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/lenya/ .

We should update the Lenya website now. If someone sees why we should
not release (violated incubation rules etc), please give us a hint.

I think we also should include the incubation disclaimer in the release
announcement as done at the download location above.

We also should post announcements to appropriate mailinglists like
lenya-users,cocoon-users,kupu-users, bxe users, oscom

WDYT?

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> We got 5 positive votes, no negatives and no neutrals.
> We will release what is known as the 1.2 test release.

Nice :).

> I will start to prepare the release announcement and move the archives
> tomorrow and on monday.
>
> A draft of a possible release announcement is located here
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaRelease1.2PR . Please add
> your comments.
>
> Thorsten, it would be fine if u can help me updating the Lenya website
> with the announcement and other stuff related to the 1.2 release.

Jupp, will stayed tuned! Your wish is my command. ;-)

I will prepare the release note (based on the draft) on my local system!
I think I will add a point (Release 1.2) to the project tab. Let me know
when to update the site ;-).

> Code freeze is over. BUT please take care to checkin 1.2.x things only.
> This is what we agreed on. Before we do major changes we should discuss
> the svn switching again.

I agree the next step should be switching to SVN!

Cheers Rolf! Good work!

thorsten