Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/09 18:53:08 UTC

Environment and PropertySet

There is a question on the userlist about setting
environment variables en masse with (e.g.) <exec>.  If
we modified oata.types.Environment and $Variable such
that--

Variable can accept a nested PropertySet OR have its
key & value attributes set as usual

Variables with nested PropertySets set multiple
mappings when Environment.addVariable(Variable) is
called

--we could get this (IMHO) cheap.  I wonder about the
feeling of the dev community on such a change... ?

-Matt

Re: Environment and PropertySet

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 9 May 2005, Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Variable can accept a nested PropertySet OR have its
> key & value attributes set as usual
>
> I wonder about the feeling of the dev community on such a
> change... ?

Works for me, although we better use a different name than propertyset
in the user-visible part.  <variableset>?  I've never been good at
names, but using "property" in the context of environment variables
feels wrong.

Stefan