Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Dean Des Rosiers <de...@desropolis.com> on 2002/11/20 19:36:58 UTC

FW: EntityResolver for XSD - plain text

I've implemented a very simple EntityResolver.  It pulls the xsd from an
EntityBean, if you can imagine such a thing!  It's possible that this code
is no good or even dangerous.  I'll leave it to the better minds on this
list to determine that.  I contribute this code because I've gotten a lot of
info from this list and I'd like to "give back."

Here's the code...

public class DataSetSchemaResolver implements EntityResolver
{
  public InputSource resolveEntity(String publicId, String systemId)
    throws SAXException, IOException
  {
    try
    {
      String descriptiveId = systemId;
      int dotLoc = systemId.indexOf('.');
      if (dotLoc > -1)
        descriptiveId = systemId.substring(0, systemId.indexOf('.'));

      DataSetSchemaLocal schema =
(DataSetSchemaLocal)getSchemaHome().findByDescriptiveIdLatest(descriptiveId)
;
      if (schema != null)
      {
        InputSource inputSource = new InputSource(new
StringReader(schema.getXmlText()));
        inputSource.setPublicId(publicId);
        inputSource.setSystemId(systemId);
        return inputSource;
      }
      else
      {
        throw new SAXException("Couldn't find " + systemId);
      }
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
      throw new SAXException(e);
    }

  }

Hope this helps.
Dean

Hi,
  Can any one give some information about EntityResolver to load the XSD
from some where else. Any reference or code samples...??

Cheers
Kumar