Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nurjahan <sk...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/09/22 08:04:48 UTC

PROBLEM iNITIALIZING LOG4HJ DURING TOMCAT STARTUP

I'm trying to get log4j initialized properly when starting up Tomcat, but I
get the following error in my console:

(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1

WHERE SHOULD I COPY LOG4J.PROPERTIES.FILE

NURJAHAN

Re: PROBLEM iNITIALIZING LOG4HJ DURING TOMCAT STARTUP

Posted by Matteo Frapolli <ma...@breeze-engineering.ch>.
If you put it under <tomcat.home>/common/classes the properties file
will be found by the container's classloader.
This configuration of log4j will then be applied to all servlets using
log4j, if not differently specified.

Hope this helps!
Matteo

Nurjahan wrote:

>I'm trying to get log4j initialized properly when starting up Tomcat, but I
>get the following error in my console:
>
>log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
>(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
>log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
>Apache Tomcat/4.1
>
>WHERE SHOULD I COPY LOG4J.PROPERTIES.FILE
>
>NURJAHAN

Breeze Engineering Sagl

Ing. dipl. ETH Matteo Frapolli
Software and IT Architect

Via Logio 10
CP 90
6946 Ponte Capriasca
tel:   +41 76 589 41 81
fax:   +41 91 930 95 59
email: matteo@breeze-engineering.ch
web:   www.breeze-engineering.ch

RE: PROBLEM iNITIALIZING LOG4HJ DURING TOMCAT STARTUP

Posted by Siddiq Hussain <si...@slk-soft.com>.
At the same level where your java source folder sits or directly at the same
level where .class files' folder is placed.