Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 08:07:34 UTC

QJM and dfs.namenode.edits.dir

When I use QJM for HA, do I need to save edit log  on the local filesystem?

I think the QJM is high availability for edit log, so I don't need to
configuration the dfs.namenode.edits.dir.

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: QJM and dfs.namenode.edits.dir

Posted by Srinivas Surasani <hi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you need to store all edit logs on local file system.

Regards,
Srinivas Surasani

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use QJM for HA, do I need to save edit log  on the local filesystem?
>
> I think the QJM is high availability for edit log, so I don't need to
> configuration the dfs.namenode.edits.dir.
>

> Thanks,
>
> LiuLei

-- Srinivas
Srinivas@cloudwick.com

Re: QJM and dfs.namenode.edits.dir

Posted by Srinivas Surasani <hi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you need to store all edit logs on local file system.

Regards,
Srinivas Surasani

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use QJM for HA, do I need to save edit log  on the local filesystem?
>
> I think the QJM is high availability for edit log, so I don't need to
> configuration the dfs.namenode.edits.dir.
>

> Thanks,
>
> LiuLei

-- Srinivas
Srinivas@cloudwick.com

Re: QJM and dfs.namenode.edits.dir

Posted by Srinivas Surasani <hi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you need to store all edit logs on local file system.

Regards,
Srinivas Surasani

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use QJM for HA, do I need to save edit log  on the local filesystem?
>
> I think the QJM is high availability for edit log, so I don't need to
> configuration the dfs.namenode.edits.dir.
>

> Thanks,
>
> LiuLei

-- Srinivas
Srinivas@cloudwick.com

Re: QJM and dfs.namenode.edits.dir

Posted by Srinivas Surasani <hi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you need to store all edit logs on local file system.

Regards,
Srinivas Surasani

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use QJM for HA, do I need to save edit log  on the local filesystem?
>
> I think the QJM is high availability for edit log, so I don't need to
> configuration the dfs.namenode.edits.dir.
>

> Thanks,
>
> LiuLei

-- Srinivas
Srinivas@cloudwick.com