Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/06/28 01:21:29 UTC

Lets remove all these properties...

As I mentioned before in previous m2 related mails, most of the
properties defined in the top-level pom are unneeded and can be
removed to simplify the pom and reduce the fragility of the
configuration.

At the same time, all modules, that have something like <version>$
{geronimoVersion}</version> will be removed.

The listing of <dependencyManagement> items for Geronimo artifacts
should also go.  This is just added overhead.  Each module that uses
them needs to specify something like:

<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.modules</groupId>
     <artifactId>geronimo-core</artifactId>
     <version>${pom.version}</version>
</dependency>

${pom.version} should always be equal to what ${geronimoVersion} is
now.  The effect is this adds one more uniform line to the dependency
where it is used, and removes a bunch of elements from the top-level
dependencyManagement element.

Overall these changes reduce complexity of the build configuration,
but should not alter the behavior of the build at all.

I'd like to start making these changes if there are no objections.

--jason

Re: Lets remove all these properties...

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2157 will remove it.

> I'd like to start making these changes if there are no objections.

Objections ? I'm cheering :-)

> --jason

Cheers
Prasad