Posted to users@maven.apache.org by cngyver <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/27 17:52:09 UTC

Maven scm commands inheritance problem

I've a j2ee project layout which mimics the one i have in CVS like below:
PCIIS
 -pom.xml
 --ear
   --pom.xml
 --Model
   --pom.xml
 --View
   --pom.xml

I've configured scm in parent pom and overriden required properties in child
poms. On single project basis scm commands work correctly. But what i want
for this multi project configuration is:

1. when i use scm checkout, update or update-subprojects on parent dir
(PCIIS), Maven should skip executing command for parent project, just run
command for sub projects (if it does not do like that, it checks out all the
modules into parent src/main directory). It does the opposite, checks out
parent module, skips child projects. So i have all PCIIS cvs modules in
src/java of parent project.

2. The ear project has nothing to do with CVS and scm commands should be
skipped for that project.

I can't find a way to do what i need. Am I missing something here ? What
should i do to tell maven what i want. Or can this be done ?