Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Narayanan, Latchoumi" <ln...@akamai.com> on 2007/02/05 22:12:03 UTC

Problem in copy task with filtering

Hi all,

In my build script I am using,

<copy file="${webapp.home}/WEB-INF/web.xml"
toFile="${build.root}/WEB-INF/web.xml"
				   filtering="on" overwrite="true">
  <filterset>
	 <filter token="spoofFilter" value="permissionFilter"/>
  </filterset>
</copy>

This code is copying the web.xml file, but not replacing the word
"spoofFilter" with "permissionFilter" as I am trying to do,
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,
Latchoumi

RE: Problem in copy task with filtering

Posted by "Narayanan, Latchoumi" <ln...@akamai.com>.
Thanks Steve,

I am just using a blank space for begintoken/endtoken. It works fine.

Latchoumi

> <copy file="${webapp.home}/WEB-INF/web.xml"
> toFile="${build.root}/WEB-INF/web.xml"
> 				   filtering="on" overwrite="true">
>   <filterset>
> 	 <filter token="spoofFilter" value="permissionFilter"/>
>   </filterset>
> </copy>
>
> This code is copying the web.xml file, but not replacing the word
> "spoofFilter" with "permissionFilter" as I am trying to do, Can
> someone tell me what I am doing wrong here.

tokens have a prefix around them, something like @spoofFilter@ ; you can
change the values with the begintoken/endtoken attributes,

-steve

Re: Problem in copy task with filtering

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.