Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Regis <xu...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/07 05:17:39 UTC

Can I only build/clean/rebuild native code?

Sometimes, I only work with native code, check and compile java is not
necessary. But in new build structure, build-native, rebuild-native and
clean-native are not public target anymore, and I can't find any equivalent
targets can do this, anyone can tell me how to do this in new build structure?

--
Best Regards,
Regis.

Re: Can I only build/clean/rebuild native code?

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.
On 2010-06-07 15:20, Mark Hindess wrote:

> In message<4C...@gmail.com>, Regis writes:
>>
>> Sometimes, I only work with native code, check and compile java is not
>> necessary. But in new build structure, build-native, rebuild-native and
>> clean-native are not public target anymore, and I can't find any equivalent
>> targets can do this, anyone can tell me how to do this in new build structure
>> ?
>
> See:
>
>    http://markmail.org/message/z4g3kbjkpwg3mbbt
>
> -Mark

Got it, thanks Mark!

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.
On 2010-06-07 16:24, Mark Hindess wrote:

> In message<20...@d06av04.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
> Mark Hindess writes:
>>
>> In message<4C...@gmail.com>, Regis writes:
>>>
>>> Sometimes, I only work with native code, check and compile java is not
>>> necessary. But in new build structure, build-native, rebuild-native and
>>> clean-native are not public target anymore, and I can't find any equivalent
>>> targets can do this, anyone can tell me how to do this in new build
>>> structure?
>>
>> See:
>>
>>    http://markmail.org/message/z4g3kbjkpwg3mbbt
>
> I should mention that there are definitely bugs in the use of the properties
> and I've not applied them to drlvm (because I want to do a more significant
> restructure in that component).  Feel free to report bugs (w/patches ;-).
>
> I think it will be possible to add back these targets by adding the
> equivalent of:
>
>    <target name="build-native">
>      <property name="skip.java.build" value="true" />
>      <property name="skip.native.build" value="true" />
>      <antcall target="build" />
>    </target>

+1, that will save a lot of typing.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ray Chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 06/07/2010 11:17 AM, Regis wrote:

> Sometimes, I only work with native code, check and compile java is not
> necessary. But in new build structure, build-native, rebuild-native
> and clean-native are not public target anymore, and I can't find any
> equivalent targets can do this, anyone can tell me how to do this in
> new build structure?

Seems clean-java for each independent module is not available either.