Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kenneth Miller <xk...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/18 03:48:56 UTC

Internet-Based Secure Clustered FS?

All,

    I'm looking for a solution that would allow me to securely use
VPSs (hosted VMs) or hosted dedicated servers as nodes in a
distributed file system. My bandwidth/speed requirements aren't high,
space requirements are potentially huge and ever growing, superb
security is a must, but I really don't want to worry about hosting the
DFS in-house. Is there any solution that's capable of this and/or is
there anyone currently doing this?

Regards,
Kenneth Miller

Re: Internet-Based Secure Clustered FS?

Posted by Chris Collins <ch...@scoutlabs.com>.
Have you considered Amazon S3?  I dont know how secure your
requirements are.  There are lots of companies using this for just
offsite data storage and also with EC2.