Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2007/05/23 22:18:29 UTC

Contribution and acknowledgement (was Re: svn commit: r540980)

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 15:45 +0000, andreas@apache.org wrote:
> Author: andreas
> Date: Wed May 23 08:45:41 2007
> New Revision: 540980

> Log:
> Added concurrency JMeter test case

http://lenya.apache.org/guidelines.html#contribution
"...When committers apply the patch, they refer to the issue number and
the contributor's name. This enables linkage between the issue tracker
and the Subversion history. It adds the contributor's name to the mail
archives. ..."

I should have told Javier to submit the patch himself (not open the
issue myself) and in the above commit mail should have appear his name
and the issue number.

I am not picking this commit out to step on Andreas shoes (I think he
knows), just trying to point out that giving credits should be via
commit mails when the code is based on a contributor's code.

It helps to identify committer candidates in the future (not trying to
say that Javier is one) since it be search-able via the public mailing
lists.

salu2

Re: Contribution and acknowledgement (was Re: svn commit: r540980)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 09:50 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:

>>> http://lenya.apache.org/guidelines.html#contribution
>>> "...When committers apply the patch, they refer to the issue number and
>>> the contributor's name. This enables linkage between the issue tracker
>>> and the Subversion history. It adds the contributor's name to the mail
>>> archives. ..."
>>>
>>> I should have told Javier to submit the patch himself (not open the
>>> issue myself) and in the above commit mail should have appear his name
>>> and the issue number.
>>>
>>> I am not picking this commit out to step on Andreas shoes (I think he
>>> knows), just trying to point out that giving credits should be via
>>> commit mails when the code is based on a contributor's code.
>> I'm sorry - I don't know why I forgot to mention the credits.
>
> I just translated the jmeter file and caught up on it.

Thanks a lot!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Contribution and acknowledgement (was Re: svn commit: r540980)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.