Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com> on 2003/12/01 06:21:12 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/lib/core cocoon-asciiart-block-20031129.jar cocoon-asciiart-block-20030920.jar

Nicola,

I do not think that just  updating a jar like this is a good idea,
updating the whole cocoon if need be seems a bit more wise.

nicolaken@apache.org wrote:
> nicolaken    2003/11/29 07:41:51
>
>   Added:       lib/core cocoon-asciiart-block-20031129.jar
>   Removed:     lib/core cocoon-asciiart-block-20030920.jar
>   Log:
>   Update asciiart block to latest version.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.1                  xml-forrest/lib/core/cocoon-asciiart-block-20031129.jar
>
>   	<<Binary file>>

Anyway:I got this error if I try to run "forrest" :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/cocoon/generation/asciiart/AsciiArtSVGGenerator (Unsupported
major.minor version 48.0)

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/lib/core cocoon-asciiart-block-20031129.jar cocoon-asciiart-block-20030920.jar

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Nicola,
>
> I do not think that just  updating a jar like this is a good idea,
> updating the whole cocoon if need be seems a bit more wise.

Naaa, this is just a small block, no need to have all redownload all
jars needlessly.
>>   Update asciiart block to latest version.

I updated it because I patched it, that's all.

> Anyway:I got this error if I try to run "forrest" :
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> org/apache/cocoon/generation/asciiart/AsciiArtSVGGenerator (Unsupported
> major.minor version 48.0)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

You're not using java 1.4x, right? Damn, I compiled on 1.4x :-(
Will fix it, sorry.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -