Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by pe...@waspbusters.com on 2015/01/27 20:52:24 UTC

Fw:

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Peter Hartt
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎27‎ ‎January‎ ‎2015 ‎19‎:‎41
To: users@openoffice.apache.org

I downloaded open office last week. It had attached a trogen virus. In the end the only way to get rid of it was to return the laptop to factory standard.

I trust this has now been cleaned because I am very reluctant to download it again.

Regards

Peter Hartt

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: Fw:

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Please indicate the URL that you download the application from, if it's
other than our official site at sourceforge, we can't really validate your
request.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Re:

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 01/27/2015 03:07 PM, peter@waspbusters.com wrote:
> I downloaded from openoffice.org
Then that's not likely to be how you got the virus.  Many other people,
myself included, have downloaded from that site without problem.  When
you download, but not install, does your AV program find a virus in it?

Re:

Posted by pe...@waspbusters.com.
I downloaded from openoffice.org

> I downloaded open office last week. It had attached a trogen virus. In the end the only way to get rid of it was to return the laptop to factory standard.
>

> I trust this has now been cleaned because I am very reluctant to download it again.

Where did you download it from?  You should only get it from
www.openoffice.org.  If you get it elsewhere, you may find it loaded
with crapware, malware etc.

Re: Fw:

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.