Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2002/01/01 07:27:33 UTC

Re: Velocity 1.2

While I can't see what is going on from the stack trace ( I can't see *what*
class is not found) there is a good chance that you are affected by the
change we made that removes the dependencies on external packages.  We
removed them from the default jar in 1.2

If you look in the 1.2 distribution, you will find also a
velocity-dep-1.2.jar which is like previous versions wrt dependencies.

Try that (and report back :)

Geir

On 12/31/01 1:30 PM, "Skip Walker" <sk...@skipwalker.com> wrote:

> I'm using a turbine2.2 build from 12-11-01.  Everything has been working
> fine using velocity 1.1, and it appears velocity1.2-dev.jar (comes with
> tdk).  However, I tried to swap in the Velocity 1.2 release, and nothing
> worked.
>
> I received the following exception when I tried to hit the first template
>
> [Mon Dec 31 12:10:32 CST 2001] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException:
>
> Requested Screen not found:
> Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
> [com.lincoln.servicebroker.ui, org.apache.turbine.modules]
>
> [Mon Dec 31 12:10:32 CST 2001] -- ERROR --
> Exception:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>
> Requested Screen not found:
> Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
> [com.lincoln.servicebroker.ui, org.apache.turbine.modules]
>
> Stack Trace follows:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>
> Requested Screen not found:
> Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
> [com.lincoln.servicebroker.ui, org.apache.turbine.modules]
>
> at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.getInstance(ScreenLoader.java:197)
> at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:159)
> at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
> at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
> at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:565)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1416)
> at
> allaire.jrun.session.JRunSessionService.service(../session/JRunSessionServic
> e.java:1082)
> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1270)
> at
> allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDis
> patcher.java:89)
> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1552)
> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1542)
> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(../servlet/JvmContext.java:364)
> at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(../jrpp/ProxyEndpoint.java:388)
> at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(../ThreadPool.java:272)
> at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(../WorkerThread.java:75)
>

> Also, no output appears to be going to the velocity.log.
>
> Everything works fine when I swap in the velocity1.1.jar or the
> velocity1.2-dev.jar.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Skip