Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Dang <dd...@dolphtech.com> on 2007/06/06 19:12:00 UTC

Invalid Content-Length error for the size greater than 2147483647

Hi All,

I tried to send 3G size data to apache-tomcat-5.5.16 using ajp connector
and I got error below.. I think MessageByte.getInt() only allows
2.1Gigabytes data as an Integer only 32 bits because of I send more than
3G data that why Tomcat could not handle this large size.

[TP-Processor3] ERROR common.HandlerRequest  - Error decoding request
java.lang.NumberFormatException
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.Ascii.parseInt(Ascii.java:145)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.getInt(ByteChunk.java:521)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.MessageBytes.getInt(MessageBytes.java:688)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.decodeHeaders(HandlerRequest.java:57
9)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.decodeRequest(HandlerRequest.java:39
7)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:260)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
684)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.
java:876)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool
.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Is there a way that I can configure?
I am looking for a solution to handle more than 3Gigabytes through
apache-tomcat5.5.16, is anyone can help thanks in advance..

Thanks

--Daniel

Re: Invalid Content-Length error for the size greater than 2147483647

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Daniel Dang" <dd...@dolphtech.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I tried to send 3G size data to apache-tomcat-5.5.16 using ajp connector
> and I got error below.. I think MessageByte.getInt() only allows
> 2.1Gigabytes data as an Integer only 32 bits because of I send more than
> 3G data that why Tomcat could not handle this large size.

You have no hope of getting this to work in 5.5.16 :).  There is no large
file support at all in that version.  However, this looks like it is because
of a lack of large file support in mod_jk.  Go ahead and open a BZ report
for this, and it would be helpful if you could set the logging level for the
catagory 'org.apache.jk.common' to DEBUG (this means FINE if using jdk14
logging for Tomcat, and DEBUG if using log4j), and attach the resulting
request dump to but bug report (to prove that mod_jk is at fault).  It is
also going to need a patch to (probably all) of the Java AJP Connectors as
well.