Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Soza <so...@gci.net> on 2002/04/20 20:38:41 UTC

Truncated File Transfers

Hey, I looked through the FAQ's and archives and couldn't find a definitive
answer on this, although it looks like it's been asked before.

At first, I was using a PHP script to try to build an e-mail including file
attachments that could be sent to me by a user from a form. I get the form
info just fine, but the attachments are truncated at various sizes, like 352
bytes, 989 bytes, etc. The files I'm trying to get through are 300kb, so the
results are unreadable. So I thought it was a PHP setting, but php.ini has a
maximum upload limit of 2mb. Then I tried using a Perl script to do the same
thing and got the same results.

My mailserver is not the problem, as I've sent the same attachments through
it and they went through complete. I think coding error can be ruled out as
this has happened in two different languages. All I can think of is apache
and some setting I've missed, making it so it won't handle files sent via
POST larger than a certain size. Is there such a setting? Has anyone else
experienced this problem? I'm running Win 32 Apache 1.3.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Re: Truncated File Transfers

Posted by Yakov Sudeikin <ya...@exebook.com>.
Hello,

This is exactly my problem! I am not using PHP,my script is done in
FreePascal or Delphi and the same way Win32 server will not let large files
to go thru. I also researched a lot of docs/faq/message archives and found
nothing that could help except the idea to recompile Apache with better
options. And even this was just someonse vague idea not a somethiogn that
will definetly work. Also I have no idea how to recompile Apache.

Yakov