Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com> on 2004/09/24 17:53:42 UTC

Adding a new soap service problem

Hi all,
I have 5 soap services running and now I deployed a new service using command line tool as follows:

org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://host:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy NewServiceDD.xml

I get no errors and even I can see the new service in the admin page. But when I connect to the new service using a soap client, it gives an error saying no service with the specified name.

I am using tomcat as the server.

I am sure i might be missing one simple thing. Any help would be appraciated.

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:ppeddi@contextmedia.com
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"

Re: Adding a new soap service problem

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Can you please post the exact error message as well as the contents of the deployment descriptor file?

Thanks.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.

Posted by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com>.
I thought there r 2 ways of deploying a soap service. Either using command line or using admin page. I used command line. I don't know if you need to use both.

Praveen
Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Normally, you want your service classes to be part of the SOAP webapp, so the jar should go in {Tomcat-HOME}/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/lib.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.

Re: Adding a new soap service problem

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.