Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Hung Tran <hu...@linkedin.com> on 2018/09/11 04:51:31 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.13.0 release RC2

The Apache Gobblin community has voted on and approved the release of Apache Gobblin 0.13.0 (incubating):

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@gobblin.incubator.apache.org/msg02175.html

Results:
3 binding +1 votes
No 0 votes
No -1 votes

The feedback from previous release candidates has been addressed:

RC1 thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg64403.html
Resolution:
Removed the binary release tar from the source release tar.

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the release.

The source release candidate RC2 with convenience binaries can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gobblin/apache-gobblin
-incubating-0.13.0-rc2/

The artifacts (i.e. JARs) corresponding to this release candidate can be
found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegobblin-1007

This has been signed with PGP key 0x9BB772F1,corresponding to
hutran@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file (
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/gobblin/KEYS). This key can be found on keyservers, such as:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BB772F1

The release candidate has been tagged with release-0.13.0-rc2.
I've also created a branch 0.13.0.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 0.13.0:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343492

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-gobblin/blob/0.13.0/CHANGELOG.md

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

 [ ] +1 approve
 [ ] +0 no opinion
 [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Hung, on behalf of the Apache Gobblin PPMC

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.13.0 release RC2

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 22:27, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay...
>
> +1 for the source release (binding) but I agree w/ removing the binary
>
> > On Sep 17, 2018, at 6:27 PM, Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Ping.
> >
> > Can someone help us review and vote :)
> >
> > Regards
> > Abhishek
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 2:59 PM Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> >> Abhishek

Olivier Lamy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.13.0 release RC2

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Sorry for the delay...

Posted by Hung Tran <hu...@linkedin.com>.
Hi,

I have removed the binary distribution from 0.13.0-rc2.

Please see https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gobblin/apache-gobblin-incubating-0.13.0-rc2/.

Hung.

________________________________
Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Thanks. Can we update the binary release with LICENSE, NOTICE and
DISCLAIMER without going through creating a new RC?

Those warnings are known.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Sure, I will ping them. Meanwhile, would love it if others can also review
:)

Regards,
Abhishek

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.