Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org> on 2011/10/18 04:02:28 UTC

RE: Why doesn't anything at all get these botnetspammers?

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:07:15 +0000, Jenny Lee wrote:
> Every 2nd of my emails to this list from hotmail is returning as a
> nondeliverable. Hotmail does not give any info as to what failed but
> am assuming it is the SPAM filters of the mailing list. Well done!

X-Spam-Status No, score=-4.445 tagged_above=-999 required=5
tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
KHOP_THREADED=-0.1, NO_USER_AGENT=0.1, NO_X_MAILER=0.1,
RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI=-5, RCVD_IN_RP_SAFE=-2, RELAY_US=0.01,
RP_MATCHES_RCVD=-0.504, SPF_PASS=-0.001, URIBL_BLACK=1.725,
URIBL_DBL_REDIRECTOR=1.5, URIBL_SBL=1.623] autolearn=no

your msg tags here :-)

dont post spam urls to maillists, but use pastebin and post link to it

> Also how ironic is it to write: users -at- spamassassin.apache.org on
> the website!!! What a confidence in a spam-fighting tool! Write it as
> , show you mean business.

nabble users get used to it :-)

> Back to the subject:
>
> We are under the false assumption that he is mangling the subjects
> with gibberish or with porn words. His target is to get the URL
> accross. As I mentioned, I get as many emails without any punctuation
> or porn words (see below). In fact, since I started this discussion,
> got about 2 mangled headers versus 100+ like the one below (before at
> least the ratio was 50/50)!
>
> What baffles me is why it takes so long for RBLs to catch up on the
> URL. He was spamming me (i have different domains) for a good one
> month before his URL got dropped into an RBL, another one was never
> in
> an RBL. Perhaps I am misunderstanding RBL concept. Or perhaps he is
> already working with one of hte RBLs and has access to the honeypot
> emails.

he might use a url redirector ?