Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jgormley <jo...@networkedinsights.com> on 2012/02/14 00:14:33 UTC

Re: Ajax response render as source in the browser

I know this thread is old, but I had this issue and figured out what was
happening in our case.  We are using Wicket's client info component (to get
the user's local timezone).  If the ajax call is the first to make this
request, then the response page is actually the javascript page that wicket
generates for gathering this information.  The javascript page then
redirects to the original request (which happens to be the ajax call), which
then renders in the browser and not in the ajax response.

final ClientInfo info = Session.get().getClientInfo();

The solution was to move this getClientInfo() call into the page, which
forces the javascript page to render prior to the page and not in the ajax
call.