Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mark Richman <ma...@telocity.com> on 2001/06/15 14:40:09 UTC

Passing HTTP auth info to service impl

My stumbling block at this point is how to pass the HTTP authentication info down to the service object itself (the target object). My pluggable provider grabs it from the HTTP headers, but once it locates and invokes the service, the info is lost. I don't know of any way to hand off a security context to a web service :( I am trying to avoid making username & password as parameters to every method on my web service. Simply restricting access is not my goal, as the user's identity is a critical part of my business logic.

- Mark