Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by henryccsf <He...@sfgov.org> on 2010/06/16 18:24:52 UTC

[mod_rewrite] Convert POST to GET

Hi,

Due to our backend implentation limitation, I need to convert POST request
to GET in our proxy server running apache2.2. I read that mod_rewrite can't
do it alone since POST variables are not accessible. I have looked at
apache2::POST200 and doesn't understand how it can apply to solve my
problem.

Does anyone here have experience handling this kind of situation?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [mod_rewrite] Convert POST to GET

Posted by henryccsf <He...@sfgov.org>.

Joe Lewis-2 wrote:

> I would have "solved" that trouble by creating a content generator
> module, read the POST data, and create a sub request (could be a proxy
> request). One thing you will need to be aware of is the GET data will
> have to be limited. It's one of the reasons why POST came into existence.
>
> Joe
> --
> Joe Lewis

Thanks for the reply Joe.

I was thinking exactly the samething, but hoping for a more elegant way to
handle in apache to avoid the extra hops.

Re: [mod_rewrite] Convert POST to GET

Posted by Joe Lewis <jo...@joe-lewis.com>.