Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "bruno.renner" <br...@itot.de> on 2007/01/18 18:42:28 UTC

text in nested groups

Hi
it seems fop 0.93 doesn't support text in nested g and def structures
while forming to pdf.
The text is not searchable in pdf. It seems to be graphic. This
behavior  not depends on font.family.

It's the same behavior on embedded and external SVG.
 any ideas?

P.S.

except to this problem fop 0.93 handles over 500 pages complex svg
drawing  from CAE without memory problems as they  have been before.
It's great.

Bruno

Re: text in nested groups

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
bruno.renner wrote:
> Hi
> it seems fop 0.93 doesn't support text in nested g and def structures
> while forming to pdf.

I see from below you are talking about SVG elements.

> The text is not searchable in pdf. It seems to be graphic. This
> behavior  not depends on font.family.

I think this is because the PDF Transcoder strokes (or rasterizes) the
Text in nested elements. Whether Text was rasterized or not used to be a
  configuration option in older versions of FOP, i.e. 0.20.5 but in
later versions the Transcoder takes a "best guess" It seems to get it
wrong for nested g and def tags. Please raise this issue as a bug in
bugzilla along with a sample FO file so that this issue is not forgotten!

> It's the same behavior on embedded and external SVG.
> any ideas?
>
> P.S.
>
> except to this problem fop 0.93 handles over 500 pages complex svg
> drawing  from CAE without memory problems as they  have been before.
> It's great.

Takes for the feedback!

Chris