Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ba...@mediageneral.com on 2003/08/11 19:44:12 UTC

JkMount causing problems

When I have the JkMount statements in my virtual host directives the server
gives me a internal 500 server error message and the error log doesn't say
anything
This is what I have in my virtual host directives

<VirtualHost *:443>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps
    ServerName placeanad.classifiedmarketplace.net
    ErrorLog logs/placeanadclassi.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/placeanadclassi.com-access_log common
    SSLEnable
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache1/conf/ssl.crt/server3.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache1/conf/ssl.crt/server.key3
    JkMount /* ajp13
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

Any ideas?

Thanks,
bobbie

Bobbie Atristain
Internet Systems Administrator
Media General, INC.
804.649.6156

Re: JkMount causing problems

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
One thing is that DocumentRoot is typically not "webapps" but some
directory under webapps, like "webapps/ROOT" or "webapps/myApp" or whatever.

What URL is causing the 500 error?

What do Tomcat's logs say?

Also, try setting JkLogLevel to "info", restarting, and trying it then.

Also, the JkMounts you have are redundant...if you have "/*", there's no
need for the other two, as "/*" means "send everything to Tomcat".

John

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.