Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/12/03 02:10:40 UTC

SUBDIRS in top-level makefile (was: Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build rules.mk.in)

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 04:19:13PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Yep.  Quick question for you now,  why does the top-level Makefile have:
>
> SUBDIRS = src . test build
>
> It seems to me this should be:
>
> SUBDIRTS = src test
>
> We aren't building anything in build or . are we?

"." is there because we build the library. It is ordered after the "src"
subdirectory.

"build" is there so we can recurse on the various "clean" targets.

Note that "test" is there primarily for the clean targets, too. We probably
don't want to build things in there (by default).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: SUBDIRS in top-level makefile (was: Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build rules.mk.in)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> > We aren't building anything in build or . are we?
>
> "." is there because we build the library. It is ordered after the "src"
> subdirectory.
>
> "build" is there so we can recurse on the various "clean" targets.
>
> Note that "test" is there primarily for the clean targets, too. We probably
> don't want to build things in there (by default).

Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131