Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 16:14:36 UTC

myApp.application and xml

Hello,
Sorry to be so verbose, but Java WebApp subject is full of little
important things...
Here is one of them: opening in Eclipse the Tapestry application
configuration file, like WEB-INF/myApp.application.

If I double click on it, Eclipse try to run an application.
The only way I've found is to open it as text file, but I loose
Eclipse's xml features (validation, colorization...).

So, why that file does not use an .xml extension ? Is it possible to
change that ? How do you manage that case ?

Thanks
and sorry for all the noise I bring on that list.
cyrille.

Re: myApp.application and xml

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/HowToSetupEclipseWtp

Cyrille37 wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry to be so verbose, but Java WebApp subject is full of little
> important things...
> Here is one of them: opening in Eclipse the Tapestry application
> configuration file, like WEB-INF/myApp.application.
>
> If I double click on it, Eclipse try to run an application.
> The only way I've found is to open it as text file, but I loose
> Eclipse's xml features (validation, colorization...).
>
> So, why that file does not use an .xml extension ? Is it possible to
> change that ? How do you manage that case ?
>
> Thanks
> and sorry for all the noise I bring on that list.
> cyrille.

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting