Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Stuart <js...@computer-city.net> on 2002/10/05 03:24:16 UTC

Another weird error message

I just updated to version 3290 of SVN.

When I attempt to do an update or a commit, I get the following errors
now:

(and yes, I DID try a svn cleanup)

(1001:1)$ svn stat
_ML
M      admin_board.php
?      typescript

(1002:2)$ svn update
svn: Attempted to lock an already-locked dir
svn: working copy locked:

(1003:3)$ svn cleanup
svn: Problem running log
svn: in directory
svn: start_handler: error processing command 'delete-entry' in
svn: Working copy not locked
svn: directory not locked (backup)

(1004:4)$ ls .svn
./   README  dir-props    empty-file  format  log         props/      tmp/
../  auth/   dir-wcprops  entries     lock    prop-base/  text-base/  wcprops/

(1005:5)$ cd .svn

(1006:6)$ rm lock

(1007:7)$ cd ..

(1008:8)$ svn update
svn: Problem running log
svn: in directory
svn: start_handler: error processing command 'delete-entry' in
svn: Working copy not locked
svn: directory not locked (backup)

(1009:9)$

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  And is there a good page/document that
discusses "Ok, when you have a problem, TRY these steps."?

Re: Another weird error message

Posted by Jeff Stuart <js...@computer-city.net>.
Yeah, and add in WHY the DB probably got damamged in the first place (IE
restoring a folder that had a .svn subfolder in it).  (However, that
doesn't explain why another DB was damaged. (Unless they were both right
next to each other on the HD...)

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.

Posted by Jeff Stuart <js...@computer-city.net>.
This is my FINAL FINAL post on this subject!   GAH  ALL my fault.. DUH..
ALL my fault..

Let me tell you all what I did.  If there is any way in the future to
KNOCK someone over the head with when this happens, it would be a nice
thing.

I went and deleted a couple of subdirs that I had initially checked in.
However, since I wanted the actual data in them saved and restored (This
is a website so some data folders I NEED for proper operation BUT
shouldn't be checked into SVN) I made a backup of the folders BEFORE I
ran the svn delete.

So I run the svn delete and then a svn commit on the folders I just
deleted.  Yah. it worked.  I THEN go back and RESTORE the original
folders WHICH JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE the .svn subfolder IN IT!  (That was
my mistake! :D)

After that, I went to check in my changes for the entire site.  When I
tried, I get this error:

svn: Problem running log
svn: in directory
svn: start_handler: error processing command 'delete-entry' in
svn: Working copy not locked
svn: directory not locked (backup)

Now, it does show the directory it was having a problem with.  IE the
final line in parens. It just didn't sink in!

Once I removed the .svn folders from the folders I deleted, everything
is HAPPY now...

Posted by Jeff Stuart <js...@computer-city.net>.

 #0]