Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 1999/10/25 17:43:11 UTC

HAVE_NETINET_IN_H ?

Maybe this is a silly question, but what is the purpose of HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
around ap_get_local_name() and ap_get_remote_name()?

Bill

Re: HAVE_NETINET_IN_H ?

Posted by Chris Costello <ch...@calldei.com>.
On Mon, Oct 25, 1999, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Maybe this is a silly question, but what is the purpose of HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
> around ap_get_local_name() and ap_get_remote_name()?

   I see why but I don't agree with its usage.  The header
<netinet/in.h> is required for the sockaddr_in structure being
passed to it.

--
`------------------------------------------------------

Re: HAVE_NETINET_IN_H ?

Posted by Brian Havard <br...@kheldar.apana.org.au>.
On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:43:11 -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:

>Maybe this is a silly question, but what is the purpose of HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
>around ap_get_local_name() and ap_get_remote_name()?

The idea is that only platforms that have the struct sockaddr_in type will
support these APR functions (they're a bit of a fudge to make the transition
easier anyway, like ap_get_os_*). I was thinking that any platform that had
sockaddr_in would define it in netinet/in.h but I forgot windows defines
everything in winsock.h. I guess it should be replaced by a HAVE_SOCKADDR_IN
type macro. I'm sure autoconf has some way of detecting a struct definition.