Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rokibul Islam Khan <ro...@spectrum-bd.com> on 2004/11/03 09:56:31 UTC

Entity replacement

Hi,

I m trying to output a string which contain a xml node through xsp
(xsp:expr) .

Im using the following code for doing this :

<xsp:logic>

String xml = ”&lt;a&gt;hello&lt;/a&gt;”;

</xsp:logic>

<xsp:expr>xml</xsp:expr>

In cocoon pipeline I set a xslt which output me the html. But the problem is
xslt failed to transform the entity.

Can u give me any idea that how I can replace the entity from the xsp or any
way by which I can put actual tag <a>hello</a> from a java string directly ?

Thanx in advance

rokib

Re: Entity replacement

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Rokibul Islam Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m trying to output a string which contain a xml node through xsp
> (xsp:expr) .
>

> Im using the following code for doing this :
>

> <xsp:logic>
>
> String xml = ”&lt;a&gt;hello&lt;/a&gt;”;
>
> </xsp:logic>
>

> <xsp:expr>xml</xsp:expr>
>

> In cocoon pipeline I set a xslt which output me the html. But the
> problem is xslt failed to transform the entity.
>
> Can u give me any idea that how I can replace the entity from the xsp or
> any way by which I can put actual tag <a>hello</a> from a java string
> directly ?

..if you want to feed this XML string into the pipeline
you have to emit SAX events. Either do that by hand
or use a parser for that.

There are dedicated logicsheet tags for doing this.
Please see the documentation or ask at the users list.

HTH
--
Torsten